8 ways to wait for calls
How to handle downtime – 8 Ways To Wait.
We’ve all experienced downtime while waiting for your next client to call. You want to do something to stay busy, but you need to stay focused as well.
Bigger tasks like cleaning, laundry and cooking can be distracting, and it’s easy to miss a call. If you are using a landline you also need to stay close to your phone.
So what can you do?
1. Text/chat: Many networks offer other ways to connect with your callers, so you may be able to text/chat/email in between. This can be a fast and fun way to stay busy, focused and keep earning. Just make certain you are still available for your calls when they come in.
2. Write: Many light workers are also writers, so this can be a great time to work on either your personal or professional writing. You can stay in the metaphysical mind set and work on your book, your blog, your articles, personal letters or even holiday cards.
3. Pull a Card: Downtime between calls can be a great time to check in with yourself and your guides. Draw a card or two, maybe from a deck that you don’t normally work with. Swing your pendulum, toss some runes and check your chart. This sort of light hearted activity fills in the gaps and keeps you clear.
4. Clean your Tools: I find cleaning my metaphysical tools calming and clarifying. Down time between calls offers a perfect opportunity for this sort of activity. Clean your cards, your crystals, even your computer while you wait.
5. Meditate/Breathe: During busier days, downtime is a much-needed break so use this time to catch a few quiet meditative breaths, look out the window, read a quiet poetic passage or step outside for a quick sun break. This work can be quite demanding as can some callers, so take the time to reset in-between.
6. Move: I keep a small set of hand weights and exercise bands on my desk and in-between calls I often use these and walk around my office. I can use them sitting or standing and it keeps my energy fluidly flowing.
7. Read: Whether related to science or spirit reading is a relaxing way to wait for calls. Many of us have very busy lives with little time for ourselves so catch a few minutes and indulge in your favorite book of poems or your current novel.
8. Draw/Color: Silly as it may sound at first, I have several nature coloring books that I work on in between calls. These are like mandalas and are quietly meditative to work on. They are fun, fast and colorful and don’t require as much focus as other art work. I currently am working on butterflies and flowers.
Waiting for calls is part of the work we do and so it’s important to find ways to stay engaged and energized. Do something you love in between and Tempus Fugit!
What do you do in between calls?
What works for you?
What do you think?
PsychicPro Content Author and Recruiter
I became aware of my gifts at age 3 when I began seeing spirits in my room.
My mother and grandmother were both gifted and from a very young age, I was taught to respect nature and to read her signs along with herbalism, tarot cards, and healing.
I have worked in the healing and psychic world for many years and have taught, read and counseled and written. I trained with many masters and have studied to enhance my gifts in Italy, Greece and many places in the US.
I work with PsychicPRO as a writer and to help readers find their best possible employment in an environment that enhances and honors their abilities. It is an honor to do this work and I look forward to helping you do yours.